We had so much fun doing this last year, that we’re doing it again – It’s the 2019 Solitaire TriPeaks Thanksgiving Recipe Contest! We have updated the categories to open it up a bit. Even if you’re Canadian and your Thanksgiving is but a distant memory, you can still enter!
Here are this year’s 4 categories:
- Alternative to Turkey: Maybe it’s another type of meat, maybe it’s a vegetarian or vegan dish, but whatever it is, it’s the dish that will take center-stage at your Thanksgiving dinner!
- Stuffing or Side Dish Recipe: Do you have a magic stuffing recipe? Or a side dish that people rave about? We want to know!
- Vegetable or Salad: Every table needs a little something to balance out the richness – what’s your go-to recipe that receives the all the accolades?
- Dessert: Thanksgiving desserts almost deserve their own holiday – what’s the recipe you have that shocks people out of their food comas and brings them back to the table?
You may enter up to ONE recipe in each category! Recipe entries must include the following information:
1. RECIPE NAME: Like “Mr. Maisel’s Minty Spicy Banana Jawbreaking Corn”
2. ENTRANTS NAME: (Forum Name is fine):
3. CATEGORY YOU’RE ENTERING There are four of ’em!
4. INTRODUCTION: All recipes should have at least a sentence or two about the origins of the recipe, or why you love this recipe. For example: “I was recovering from a bunch of wisdom teeth being removed when I created this crazy dish, but it really hit the spot!”
5. INGREDIENT LIST: Please list out your ingredients in a bulleted list like this:
- 1 1/2 loaves of transistor-free banana bread
- 2 tsp. of ghost pepper
- 5 lbs of unpopped popcorn
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 cups of mint mouthwash
6. INSTRUCTIONS: Instructions should be precise and to the point, like this example:
Take the banana bread and mash it all up. Add ghost pepper and popcorn. Put in large bowl. Add cinnamon and mint mouthwash and stir until consistent. Bake for 7 minutes at 150 degrees F. then let cool by covering and placing outside during long snowstorm for two days. Serve immediately.
And that’s it!
There will be a first, second and third place winner in each category. Here’s what you could potentially win:
First Prize: 500,000 Coins, 5 Wild Cards, 3 Volcano Cards and 5 of each Booster
Second Prize: 400,000 Coins, 5 Wild Cards, 3 Volcano Cards
Third Prize: 300,000 Coins, 5 Wild Cards and 3 Volcano Cards
Here are the basic details: The contest runs from November 4th, 2019 and ends on November 27, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. ET Eastern (10:59PM Central/ 9:59 Mountain/ 8:59PM Pacific). Recipes must be posted in the Solitaire TriPeaks Forum under “The 2019 Solitaire TriPeaks Thanksgiving Recipe Contest!.” Recipes MUST be yours, or from your family (they can’t be published or copyrighted to your knowledge). You may enter once in each category, and must include your name and under which category you’re entering. Your email address in your Forum account must be up-to-date. You must be 18 years old or older and live in the U.S. or Canada (except Quebec) to be eligible and have both a Solitaire TriPeaks and Facebook account.
Here are the full details: The Official Rules for the 2019 TriPeaks Thanksgiving Recipe Contest