In our latest donation event, we’re delighted to be able to donate 100% of our net proceeds to Good+Foundation. We discovered this amazing organization because one of our players contacted us about it, and she just so happens to be the Chief Marketing Officer there! We were happy to be able to ask her a few questions about Good+ and what they do.
1. Hello Tiffany! It’s great to have you join us! Let’s get the basics out of the way – how long have you been playing Solitaire TriPeaks?
I have been playing Solitaire TriPeaks for about three years.
2. Are you in a Club? If so, can you tell us which one?
Yes! I’m a proud member of Tiki Turkeys
3. Yours is the first organization we’ve partnered with that came directly from one of our players. Tell us what prompted you to contact us about Good+Foundation?
Whenever I can, I participate in the nonprofit campaigns because I love supporting organizations that are doing great work. When I was scrolling through old Facebook posts, I saw one that asked players to reach out if they knew of a nonprofit that should be featured. The post was over a year old, but I thought, “why not?” I emailed email@example.com for more information on how you choose your nonprofit partners, and I was so excited when you all responded.
4. How long have you been with Good+?
5. What’s your favorite thing about your job?
We have a very small team (17 full time staff), and I am blown away every time I think about how much we are able to accomplish, especially with regards to how the pandemic has affected the supply chain, our staffing capacity, and Good+ families. In 2020, Good+ distributed $11 million in goods and services – more than we’ve ever done in the past.
6. Do you have a favorite story of how Good+ helped a family?
A father was unable to get joint custody of his daughter because he didn’t have the necessary items to raise a healthy baby. By participating in a fatherhood program through one of our partner nonprofits, we were able to provide him with a car seat and a crib so he could transport his baby and she could have a safe place to sleep. This allowed him to successfully obtain joint custody so he could be an active part of his daughter’s life.
7. What’s something everyone should know about Good+?
Good+ not only provides moms, dads, and caregivers with goods and services to meet everyday basic needs, but we also address systems that have historically blocked families from pathways out of poverty. We train social and other frontline workers through our Good+Training Academy, and we have partnered with Ascend at the Aspen Institute to work on state-level child support policy reform.
8. Tell us a little bit about yourself outside of Good+ and Solitaire TriPeaks.
I enjoy cooking, baking, watching movies, and figure skating. I’m also an amateur poker player, so I love games of skill and chance.
9. This is a tough one, but we need you to be honest. Who do you think is cuter, Tiki or Poi?
Poi, especially when he gives me double treasure!
10. Thank you so much for joining us and introducing us to this amazing organization! I can’t tell you how delighted we all were to work on this! Do you have any final thoughts you’d like to share?
Thank you so much for supporting Good+Foundation. If anybody would like more information, please visit goodplusfoundation.org