One never knows how owning a pet can forever change your life. Case in point – Giovanni! He came to Regina’s door regularly, which led to her saving his life, and then becoming a cat rescuer, herself. And she’s already rescued almost 30 cats so far!
1. What is your name and how long have you been playing Solitaire TriPeaks?
Regina – about 3 to 4 years
2. What is the name of your pet?
3. What breed or type is Giovanni?
Lynx Point domestic shorthair cat
4. How did Giovanni come into your life?
Gio was the cat who got me into cat rescue. He had been showing up at my house and once we were able to get him, we realized he was in rough shape. He had such a bad upper respiratory infection that my vet said he wouldn’t have made it on his own outside for much longer in his condition. Three months of quarantine to recuperate along with a long overdue neuter, and he has never had another worry since.
Because of him, almost 30 other stray cats have been fixed and rescued from my neighborhood since, and I now also foster and volunteer for Merlin’s Safe Haven Cat Rescue.
5. What’s the cutest he does?
He will get cross-eyed when he really focuses on something (usually a treat or food)
6. What’s the one thing you wish he would stop doing?
Breaking into my cabinets and pantry to steal food and foster-kitty food.
7. How does Giovanni encourage you to keep playing TriPeaks?
He meows and gives me the baby blues to motivate me.
8. What’s the funniest story you have about something Giovanni did?
Gio never misses a meal. One night he didn’t show for dinner. We went through the whole house looking and calling him and nothing. We spent the next hour tearing the house apart with my friend who came to help only to find him stuck under my dresser (in a spot he could have never entered from the front). Apparently he opened up the bottom drawer (thinking there was maybe food hiding in one of the drawers 🤷🏻♀️), and the drawer closed and he bent down and got stuck under the drawer. Never once made a peep or stuck a paw out with his bowl sitting 3 feet away which I just couldn’t believe – poster boy for curiosity lol.
9. Are you in a Club? If so, do they all know about Gio?
Yep! Freak Out and yes, they know about him.
10. Do you have any final words you’d like to share regarding Gio?
Gio is the ultimate foodie and drives me crazy sometimes with his food drive lol, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way with how it all played out.