As we wrap up this year’s “Mom in the Spotlight” series, we are introduced to Shirley, who pays tribute to her late mother, Darline, with some wonderful memories, some of them involving arguments over whose fault it was when the Volcano would erupt.
1. What is YOUR name?
My name is Shirley.
2. What is your Mom’s name?
My mom’s name was Darline.
3. How did you both discover Tiki Solitaire TriPeaks?
My mom played for a long time, I’m not sure how long, but she told me and two of my sisters to download the game so we can send her Coins, lol.
4. Are you both in Clubs? Are you in the SAME Club?
We are not in the same Club. Unfortunately she passed April 8th.
5. I’m very sorry to hear that. How did Tiki Solitaire TriPeaks help your relationship?
We would play sitting at the same table and just laugh about it together.
6. Had you ever had an argument over the game?
Absolutely we argued about the game. She would get so mad when the Volcano would erupt and say it was because of me and my sisters not trying hard enough.
7. Be honest – who was the better player?
She was definitely the better player between us!
8. What’s your favorite “Mom” story?
My favorite mom story is when she would call me anytime, no matter what I was doing, to send her Coins! Day or night – lol – she is and was seriously the best!
9. What was your mom’s favorite story about you?
Her favorite story to tell about me was when I was stuck on a board and she beat it for me. She thought she was top dog because of that!
10. Do you have any final thoughts you’d like to share with the Tiki Solitaire TriPeaks Community?
My final thought is: Be kind, you don’t know what people are going through! This game helped my mom go through chemo and radiation! And she also got kicked out of some Clubs because she was too sick to finish her challenges toward the end! Just be kind and have fun!