Well, here’s a pet we certainly did not expect to see when we opened up the email box. Meet Ruffus, an Argentine black and white tegu, which is a large lizard. Truth be told, we thought it was some sort of alligator. But, as they say, you learn something new every day, and we were delighted to meet this fellow!
1. What is your name and how long have you been playing Solitaire TriPeaks?
Chris. Been playing for over 2 years now. I’m from Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
2. What is the name of your pet/s?
Ruffus, aka Fatzilla
3. What type of pet is Ruffus?
Argentine black and white tegu, and is 13 years old.
4. WHOA! How did you end up with Ruffus in your life?
Previous owner could no longer care for him.
5. What’s the cutest thing he does?
Ruffus loves wearing hats and outfits and loves attention from people.
6. What’s the one thing you wish he’d stop doing?
Tegus are super intelligent, Ruffus knows how to open the refrigerator door to find food. I’ve since had to latch the door.
7. How does Ruffus encourage you to keep playing TriPeaks?
Well, having a 4-foot plus, 20 pound plus, lizard snuggling you for hours on the couch, you’re limited as to what you can do as you’re not getting up until he does.
8. What’s the funniest story you have about something he’s done?
Tegus normally go through brumation every fall through winter which is similar to hibernation for bears.
Generally they’ll sleep for months buried in their enclosure. Ruffus however believes he’s part dog and sleeps in a dog bed with a blanket, both of which he stole from my dogs and sleeps in the kitchen because that’s where the food is.
9. Are you in a Club? If so, do they all know about Ruffus?
Tiki Warriors 3. Yes they know I’m the father of dragons.
10. Do you have any final words you’d like to share regarding this amazing beast?
Most people are in general afraid or don’t understand reptiles or having them as pets. Ruffus and my other tegus, iguanas and sailfin dragons are trying to change that view. Many breeds of reptiles are intelligent and in fact very social when handled responsibly. Tegus especially demand affection and attention and love to give hugs.
Would you like to see your pet in our Pet Spotlight! If your pet is featured, you’ll receive 100,000 Coins, 5 Free Plays, 5 Wilds and 3 Volcanos! Find out how 🐶🐰your pet🐱🐦 can be featured: 🦎http://bit.ly/pet-spotlight🐠